Committee observed two minutes silence as a mark of respect to the departed souls :
Shri Atal Behar Vajpayee - Former Prime Minister of India,
Shri.Somnath Chatterjee - Former Loksabha Speaker
Shri.M.Karunanihi - Former Chief Minister of Tamilnadu
Shri.Ajeet Wadekar - Former Captain of Indian Cricket team,
Many other prominent personalities in different fields, &
Those who died in natural calamities, particularly due to floods in Kerala, Uttarakhand.
Com. Madhavan, Deputy General Secretary placed and read out the minutes on proceedings of the last working committee held at Mumbai on 10th & 11th March, 2018 and also the proceedings of the Office-bearers meeting held at Lucknow on 1st July,2018. Committee then approved the above minutes.
General Secretary, Com. C. M. Patel, then placed a detailed report on various developments at the Industry and Bank level covering the under mentioned aspects
• Performance of various banks which are under PCA,
• Enactment of new bills to punish the Fugitive offenders,
• Withdrawal of FRDI BILL,
• LIC'S bid to take over major stake in IDBI,
• National level strikes at the call of UFBU,
• Discussions with IBA & progress made there on with regard to impending wage revision demands,
• Condition of Our Bank's health and the performance in the current Financial Year,
• Decisions of United Forum of UCO Bank Unions on the Health of our Bank, status of implementation,
• Management's disappointing response,
• Unkindly approach of the Management on Requests for transfers involving INTERSTATE,
• Functioning of Human Resources Management & Over all unsatisfactory situation in IR front,
• Release of appointments to the new candidates,
• Progress made on certain long pending individual issues,
• Decisions of Office-bearers' meeting held at Lucknow on 1 st July and status on compliance by units,
• Matters concerning our units and organisation, etc
Supplementing the report of the General Secretary, Com. Vijhayan, President called upon the members to keep in view the prevalent Situation and place a report on..
Preparedness of the units and their members to respond to any call of the Federation,
Their views as to how Federation can play it's role over the ongoing campaign on Health of our Bank in case of insufficient response, to decisions taken by UFUBU from other constituents,
Implementation of Decisions like "approaching Regional Labour machinery” on the issue of payment of Minimum wages to Daily wagers,
Situation prevailing in some Zones etc.
He emphasized the need for preparation of our rank & file for the struggle that may be imminent, considering the behavior and approach of the Management both at the Top as well as at some Zones.
In the discussions and Deliberations that continued up to 9.30 PM, members highlighted the need for increased attention of the Leadership on the under mentioned concerns of the members.
• Acute shortage of staff arising out of Promotions (to JM Scale) and large scale superannuation with inadequate supply of new clerks,
• Increasing workload on the workman staff and exploitation there off with compelling them to perform duties beyond the prescribed timings and responsibilities,
• Non filling of posts carrying functional allowance,
• Non relieving of employees selected for functional allowance posts,
• Non relieving of employees whose request transfers were considered
• Hardship being faced by the employees due to Management's disinclination to consider Request transfers involving INTERSTATE.
• Technological hiccups & problems arising out of HRMS,
• Delay or denial with regard to reimbursement of medical bills,
• Non consideration of some requests for compassionate appointments,
• Unfriendly environment prevailing in some zones due to high handed approach of some Zonal Heads,
• Possible confusions and unilateral actions arising out of Introduction of Biometric system for attendance at the branches,
• Need for recognizing the qualification acquired by Exservicemen employees while serving in the army - such as Army Graduation certificate,
• Substaff Promotions, etc.
They also expressed their readiness to respond to any call of the Federation.
Meeting was adjourned to next day - at 10 AM of 20th .
Resuming the discussions, Com. Partha Chanda, Deputy General Secretary spoke at length over the situation prevailing in Head Office particularly in the departments like HRM and PSD. Expressing his anguish over the style of functioning of HRM officials he urged upon the leadership and the house that Federation should not spare any time in unleashing programmes to show our protest and resentment against the shift in the attitude, approach and outlook of the People who are the helm of affairs dealing with the matters concerning the workforce. He also suggested that Federation may be receptive to the expectations of other workman union for joint actions without diluting our own principles.
General Secretary then gave his response to various concerns raised by the members. He also assured that Federation would spare no stone unturned towards rising to the expectations of the units and rank & file. Appreciating the readiness manifested by the units for any struggle and agreeing with the views expressed by the key functionaries, he expressed that Federation would unfold certain steps to give fitting response to the situation- both with regard to Bank's health and the Industrial Relations front.
President then listed out various proposals and the working committee, unanimously welcomed and accordingly decisions were taken to observe certain programmes to express our anguish and concern over the present unhealthy atmosphere prevailing in the Industrial Relations front. Details being sent separately.
Decision on the role of our units towards improving the performance of the branches was also taken. Details being sent separately
Further decisions on matters relating to Second All India Young Employees Convention scheduled to be held at AMBALA on 27 th & 28 th October were taken. Details being sent separately.
At the end..
Karnataka unit informed about their decision to Organise a Special meeting of their members to FELICITATE Com. Kini, their unit General Secretary who is also Treasurer of our Federation on his attaining Superannuation on 31 st August, and extended invitation to all our functionaries to grace the occasion. Special Meeting will take place at 10 AM on Sunday the 2ND September,2018 at Bangalore.
Com. Suresh, President of Karnataka unit and longtime member of the working committee who retired from Bank's services on 31 st May was honored in the meeting.
Our Bihar unit informed that they proposed to unfold organisational action against the violations being committed by the local management in the matter of transfers, placements and non-filling of functional allowance posts besides the anti-employee attitude of the Management. As a first step our unit will Organise Dharna before Zonal office, PATNA on 24 th. Committee assured it's full support to their struggle and AIUCBEF units are put on alert to step in to any solidarity action in case Management fails to respond or escalate their attacks.
With standing ovation to the Team Gujarat, which, through their dedicated work made it possible for the successful and meaningful conduct and conclusion of the working committee, all members complemented the Team for praise worthy arrangements and lovable hospitality.
President then thanked the members for their cooperation in the smooth conduct of the meeting.
With vote of thanks to the chair the meeting was concluded.
C. M. Patel
ON THE SIDELINES OF THE WORKING COMMITTEE...
As scheduled, SECOND ALL INDIA WORK SHOP ON DEFENCE was held commencing from 12 pm on 20 th. Most members of the working committee, particularly young comrades who are in the second line of leadership in the units, attended the work shop.
Com. Krishna KADAM, former vice president of our Federation and a well-informed leader in the defense in disciplinary proceedings in three hour long session enlightened the participants with the entire procedure, adopted in the Enquiry. He also cited certain live cases and explained as to how a defense has to pay his / her role while defending a charge sheeted employee. He, and some of senior leaders responded to various doubts and queries raised by the participants. Thus this session was lively with the active participation of all those who attended the work shop.
In the second session, Com. K. P. Antani, our senior vice president with large years of experience in the field, listed out "dos and don'ts" while dealing with Memos, Show cause, Charge sheets, Appointment of Enquiry officers and during the proceedings of enquiry. He also explained the tactics to be adopted in the Enquiry while cross examination of management witnesses. Thus in this session, that lasted for two hours, members questions were appropriately dealt.
Thus the efforts of Federation in organizing such a work shop to the benefit of our units and leaders again proved to be a need of the hour.
President, then thanked Com. Kadam and Com. Antani and the participants for contributing to the success of this venture. He also assured that further steps would be taken by Federation to equip the units and leaders with all that are necessary to safeguard the interest of our members in the event of any disciplinary proceedings.
FELICITATIONS TO COM. S.L.KUKREJA, General Secretary of our Maha Gujarat unit and Joint Secretary of our Federation & Deputy General Secretary of Maha Gujarat Bank Employees Association:
A special meeting to Felicitate Com. Kukreja who retired from Bank' s services on 31 st May, this year was Organised by the units of Gujarat on 19 th. Massive attendance of members - more than 350 - men& women, young and old, Leaders of Different Bank Unions, MGBEA, AIBOA, and Our own All India units enriched the meeting. This was a reflection of their love and affection towards Com. Kukreja. Besides Leaders, Zonal Head Shri. T. R. Chockalingam and other officials offered FELICITATIONS to the comrade and complemented him for his dedication and praise worthy contribution to the Trade union movement. The finer aspect of the meeting was, it was fully handled and organized by young comrades that enthused every one. Kudos to Team Gujarat and our best wishes to Com. Kukreja.