Meeting of Top Office Bearers of Punjab Bank Employees Federation was held on 19th Feb 2016 at Ludhiana under the President ship of Com P R Mehta, President, PBEF. After detailed discussions the following decisions were taken
Parliament Morcha Gear up preparations: On the call given by AIBEA 30000 Bank men shall hold Mocha to the Parliament on 14th March 2016 during Budget Session. As you are aware, Sh Arun Jaitly, Union Minister of Finance, is indicating more Banking Reforms instead of enacting stringent laws for recovery of bad loans, despite serious notice taken by Honble Supreme Court. These Banking reforms are nothing but road map for disinvestment of Public Equity and to infuse more and more FDI in Public Sector Banks. In wake of the present situation this Morcha is most significant. Therefore it has been decided to make all out preparations and to surpass the prescribed quota. We further request all the units/ participants to observe the guidelines as per detail as under;
1. PBEF will reimburse one side ordinary bus fare + Rs 200 per participant. Remaining one side fare shall be reimbursed by the respective bank wise Union subject to submission of T A Bill having Name, BankBranchStation of the participants.
2. All the participants should start in the night itself to avoid delay in participation as the Morcha will start at 10.00 AM. Assembly point for the Morcha will be advised in due course as permission for the same is awaited.
3. Journey through Shatabdi should be avoided as the timings of Shatabdi arrival at Delhi is too late.
4. Complete discipline should be maintained: all General Secretaries Secretaries of Local Federations are requested to advise the participants to report to the undersigned at Delhi in PBEF contingent.
Restart Signature Campaign; As per the decision of AIBEA, Petition by One Crore people of India is to be submitted to the Prime Minister. Quota allotted to PBEF has not been completed so for. We have given call to obtain 25 signatures per member. We therefore request to send us the petition signed latest by 5th March 2016.
70th Year of AIBEA Celebration- Observance of Foundation Day Week: As per AIBEA decision Office Bearers of PBEF decided to observe week long program on the occasion of 70th Year Celebrations as per detail as under;
1. 16.04.2016 Blood Donation Camp at Chandigarh
2. 18.04.2016 Blood Donation Camp at Patiala
3. 19.04.2016 Blood Donation Camp at Jallandhar
4. 20.04. 2016 Blood Donation Camp at Ludhiana
In between 15th to 20th April 2016, programs of social identification will be held at Amritsar, Bathinda, Chandigarh, Jallandhar, Ludhiana and Patiala for which Rs 25000 (twenty five thousands only) will be allocated to these units and they will decide the dates and activities in consultation with Central Office of Federation. All the top office bearers of PBEF will participate in these programmes as per their convenience.
Bank wise Unions are also advised to observe similar programs including General Body Meetings, Seminars etc. to commemorate the 70th Year of AIBEA Celeberations.
Other organizational issues were also discussed. The meeting ended with the vote of thanks by the Chair.
In view of the above we again advise our Units members to make all the programs a grand success.