Our organisation since its inception has been making efforts & negotiating with Bank management for securing benefits for retirees and solving their problems.
In UCO Bank a Group Health Insurance Policy for retirees with spouse is in operation for an insure sum of 2 lacs at an annual premium of Rs.1890/- which you are aware of.
In View of increase in cost of Treatment of various complicated ailment and demand of modern medical facilities , the insured amount of 2 lacs is inadequate in many cases.
Considering the above aspects , our units in West Bengal proposed a Super Top-Up Policy for Rs.3 lacs to our insurer United India Insurance Co. Ltd, which has been accepted and is being implemented.
Salient features of the Super Top-Up Policy is Given hereunder:
1) Sum insured in Super Top-Up Policy is Rs.( 3 Lacs) over and above the threshold limit of (2 lacs)
2) Retired employees of the bank must be a member of the Health Insurance Policy of Bank for retirees/or any other policy(threshold policy)
3) Premium for super Top-Up Policy is Rs.3618 (for spouse) and Rs.2281 (single)
4) In Case of Hospitalisation , if cost of treatment exceeds Rs. 2 lac (Excess of limit), the sum in excess will be covered by the Super Top-Up Policy
5) There is no restriction on upper limit of Bed-charges , Surgeons fees, Operation charges etc within the limit of Super Top-Up Policy.
6) Health check-up not needed to be a members of the policy.