•AIBEA’S CLARION CALL
•PARTICIPATE IN PALIAMENT MORCHA
•11TH AND 12TH DECEMBER, 2013
We reproduce hereunder the contents of Circular No.27/30/2013/36 dated 02/09/2013 issued by Com. C .H. Venkatachalam, General Secretary, AIBEA, on the above subject for information of our Members .
“In our 27th Conference at Kochi, we had decided to intensify our struggles against the various challenges facing us in the form of banking reforms, mergers, attacks on jobs and job security, outsourcing our regular jobs, etc. In our Central Committee held at Delhi on 29th May, 2013, we had accordingly decided that a massive Morcha to Parliament be undertaken during the winter session of the Parliament in November, 2013 on these issues.
However, recently, Central Trade Unions organised a national Trade Union Convention on 6th August, 2013 against the anti-people, anti-labour policies of the Government and in that Convention, it was decided to organise a massive Morcha to Parliament on 12th December, 2013 to further pursue the 10 point charter of demands. Hence, in our recently held Office Bearers’ meeting, it has been decided to combine these programmes to suit the convenience of our units and members.
Accordingly, it has been decided as under:
11th Dec. 2013 Morcha to Parliament by 30,000 members of AIBEA on our issues and demands
12th Dec. 2013 To join the Parliament Morcha programme of the National Trade union Convention on 10 point Charter of Demands
From September to December, 2013, there must be extensive campaign amongst our members. Committee meetings, mass meetings, local general body meetings, special campaign meetings, branch visits, etc. should be undertaken to prepare our members for more and more agitational programmes. ( Upto 25th September, 2013, our top priority should be make the All India strike on that day a grand success. )
ISSUES AND DEMANDS
FOR PARLIAMENT MORCHA - 11TH DECEMBER, 2013
1. Right to banking to be made a fundamental right
2. Reverse Banking Reforms
3. Do not privatise public sector Banks
4. Do not give banking licence to corporate and business houses
5. Do not reduce Government’s capital in PSBs
6. Do not merge Public Sector Banks
7. Stop closure and takeover of Associate Banks by SBI
8. Delink Associate Banks from SBI and make them independent Banks
9. Bring all private Banks into Public Sector
10. Open more branches in rural areas
11. Ensure more credit to priority sectors
12. Give more loans to agriculture sector
13. Recover bad loans in Banks
14. Make recovery laws more stringent and effective
15. Make willful default as a criminal offence
16. Merge RRBs with sponsor Banks
17. Strengthen Co-operative Banks
18. Exempt profits of Co-op. Banks from Income Tax
19. Recapitalise ailing DCCBs in Uttar Pradesh
20. Withdraw Prakash Bakshi Committee Report on PACS
21. Stop closure of PACS and do not make them as Business Correspondents
22. Improve Bank Daily Deposit Collection Schemes.
23. Ban all unscrupulous chit fund finance companies
24. Stop outsourcing regular and perennial bank jobs
25. Stop private Banking Correspondents
26. Stop outsourcing ATMs, Clearing operations, etc.
27. Recruit permanent employees
28. Adequate Recruitments in Banks
29. Regularise the existing contract/outsourced employees
30. Equal Pay for equal work
ISSUES AND DEMANDS OF NATIONAL TRADE UNION CONVENTION
FOR PARLIAMENT MORCHA ON 12TH DECEMBER, 2013
1. Concrete measures to contain price rise
2. Concrete measures for employment generation,
3. Strict enforcement of labour laws,
4. Universal social security cover for organized and unorganized workers and creation of National Social Security Fund
5. Stoppage of disinvestment in Central and State PSUs / Undertakings,
6. No Contractorisation of work of permanent / perennial nature and payment of wages and benefits to the contract workers at the same rate as available to the regular workers of the industry / establishment.
7. Amendment of Minimum Wages Act to ensure universal coverage irrespective of the schedules and fixation of statutory minimum wage at not less than Rs.10, 000/- linked with cost price index.
8. Remove all ceilings on payment and eligibility of Bonus, Provident Fund; Increase the quantum of gratuity.
9. Assured Pension for all
10. Compulsory registration of trade unions within a period of 45 days and immediate ratification of the ILO Conventions Nos. 87 and 98
Comrades, our issues and demands should be explained to the rank and file members through campaign meetings. We must mobilise them for further intensified agitations.
Tasks before us:
Make 25th Sept. Strike a total success
National campaign from Sept. to December, 2013
Parliament Morcha on 11th and 12th December, 2013