Circular No.17/2012 September 12, 2012
F For MEMBERS ONLY
STAFF WELFARE COMMITTEE MEETING
We reproduce hereunder the contents of Circular Letter dated 10/09/2012 issued by Com. C.M.Patel,, General Secretary, AIUCBEF, on the above subject for information of our Members:-
“Staff Welfare Meeting took place today at our Head Office. CMD both the EDs’ along with their team of Management consisting of GMs’, DGMs’ etc participated in the meeting. Undersigned attended the meeting on behalf of our Federation.
From our Federation the ubdermentioned Proposals were placed.
1. Extension of Canteen Subsidy to all at least @ Rs 250 per head per month.
2. Reimbursable amount for Health Check Up to be increased from present Rs 1500 to Rs2500.
3. Group Medical Insurance Cover may be reduced from 5 lakhs to 3 lakhs in view of under utilization vis-a-vis cost of Premium
4. Holiday Homes in all tourist spots and Metro Cities.
5. Retirees may be paid Rs 1000 per annum as Domiciliary Medical Aid.
6. Extension of Financial Support @Rs5000 to the Pre1986 Retirees or to the
7. Rs 25,000 to be granted to Retirees over and above the Insurance Cover in case of treatment for special ailments like Heart Surgery, Cancer and Kidney.
After Protracted discussions following decisions were taken in the meeting:
1 1 . Review of Group Mediclaim Insurance for serving employees, their dependent family members as well as for retired employees will be undertaken after obtaining report of a Public Sector Consultant with a view to ensure maximum benefit for all. This will be finalized before 1/11/2012 –the date due for renewal of the Policy for Serving employees..
2. Reimbursement of further Hospitalisation expenses (Max. Rs. 25000/-) –Total Cap fixed at Rs. 50 lacs instead of the present 30 lacs .
3. Reimbursement of Cost of Health check up improved from Rs. 1500 to Rs. 2500 for employees and from Rs. 1000 to 1500 for spouse. More over it will be available once a year instead of present “once in two years”
4. The age criteria of employees to be eligible to claim cost of spectacles (Rs. 1000) reduced to 30 years from 40 years.
5. Two more Holiday Homes to be started at Mussorie, Tirumala and/ or Gangtok.
6. Extension of financial Relief to Physically challenged children of employees up to the age of 25 years as available to mentally retarded children of the employees.
7. A comprehensive Scheme for Extension of Canteen Facility to all employees is principally agreed. Amount to be contributed from the welfare fund will be @ Rs.250/- per employee per month. Modality of disbursement to be finalized shortly. In view of this , Refreshment Expenses being granted @Rs 1000 on the Foundation day will stand discontinued.
8. All surviving Pre 1986 retirees or their spouses will be paid Rs 5000 per month from the welfare fund.
Comrades, Two of the issues focused in the Current agitation – Extension of Canteen Facility to all and Improvements in Staff Welfare Measures- could be achieved . This time Bank has allotted 20 Crore to the Staff Welfare Fund. We are confident that above mentioned new initiatives will reach the beneficiaries very soon. Federation will continue its efforts for expansion of Staff Welfare
measures in the days to come.
Let us now wait for the outcome of the small committee meeting scheduled to meet on 11th to deal with other issues focused by us in the ongoing struggle.”
PS 1: We are pleased to inform our comrades that as a result of consistent persuasion and follow up by All India Federation, bank has started First Bank’s Holiday Home at SHIRDI from 1st September 2012 for one year at Hotel Sai Simran Shirdi. Two Double Bedded AC Rooms (Room No. 205 and 206) with individually attached toilets are available for occupation for a maximum period of two nights and three days from the Check in time which is fixed at 12.00 noon ). Detailed Circular No. CHO/PMG/17/2012-13 dated 29.08.2012 is available on UCOONLINE .
The facility of Holiday Home shall be available for all serving as well as retired employees. For booking of accommodation at HOLIDAY HOME duly filled in proforma available with circular should be got forwarded from the branch where employee is posted/drawing pension through respective branch’s e-mail ID at the following mailing address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The applications can also be submitted through FAX at No. 033-4455-9313/033-4455-9292. The Competent authority for management, reservation and cancellation holiday home is personal services department , Head office, Kollkata.
PS 2:-The undersigned has changed his residence. His new residential address is:
63, Isharpuri Colony
Cantt Road Near Urban Estate Phase II
PS 3:-ALL THE COMRADES WHO ARE GRADUATES FROM PB UNIVERSITY ARE REQUESTED TO GIVE 1ST PREFERENCE VOTE FOR COM. NARESH GAUR(PRESIDENT SBOP EMP.UINON, TREASURER PBEF ) Sr No. 35 ON 23RD SEPT. 2012 FOR PUNJAB UNIVERSITY SENATE ELECTION